Maintenance Technician - Northtown Mall
Washington Prime Group is an owner and manager of retail real estate with more than 100 properties in 30 states. We’re reinventing the town center and making our retail properties the hub of the community, holding dynamic events, enhancing our properties through redevelopment and improvements, and welcoming lifestyle brands, restaurants and local retailers that keep guests coming back. Our colleagues are critical in making this all possible, and we empower them to make a difference in their role. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a focus on work-life balance, and the chance to be a part of a collaborative and respectful culture.
Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Reports need for major repairs to Area Director, Operations Director, or Operations Supervisor
• Parking Lot, Roadway and Sidewalk Maintenance: Cleans and repairs including patching pot holes, repairing sidewalk cracks, painting lot stripes, arrows and other markings
• Snow & Ice Removal: Performs removal, reports and participates in all snow removal efforts as directed
• Electrical: Minor electrical system maintenance and repair, replaces burnt out lights and ballasts, replace electrical fuses.
• Promotional Materials & Holiday Decorations: Assembles, disassembles and stores
• Mechanical: Cycles trash compactors for safety checks, changes oil in light machinery or small engines and cleans equipment and performs preventive maintenance of equipment
• Structural: Repairs interior and exterior doors, walls and ceiling as needed, paint surfaces as directed
• Tenant Service: Responds to tenant concerns such as roof leaks, plumbing leaks, and electrical issues. fixing minor issues
• Event Set Up: Performs set ups for events as instructed.
• Janitorial Duties: Performs janitorial duties as needed and assigned, not limited to: cleaning windows, water fountains, interior walls, benches and planters, strollers and wheel chairs, floors, electrical and sprinkler rooms, vacant spaces, tables and chairs in food court and sidewalks, sweeps debris from roof as necessary to insure free flowing drainage on the roof
• Grounds Maintenance: Performs as assigned
• Performs other work as required by center management
• Regular, predictable attendance
Education / Experience Requirements
Skills (Desired Abilities):
• Physical strength and ability sufficient to perform routine or heavy manual tasks
• Ability to safely use standard maintenance equipment and hand tools
• Ability to learn repetitive tasks quickly.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to use ladders and scissor lifts to reach high work areas, including building roof
• Ability to legally drive company owned vehicles with acceptable insurability
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of two (2) years’ related experience.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
How to Apply
Please apply through Washington Prime Group here: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WAS1009WPGLP/JobBoard/e0bb8615-580f-41f0-94a1-5b0527e33141/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2ca117b8-92df-4577-9400-d7298d058b67